Thursday, August 8, 2002

Pieter imitated Mr. Speaker at Rotary Club for NOT speaking into microphone

 
Pieter J.C. Vedder back row in green polo shirt, below P. 
Allen Barfoot is in front right. 

Thank you Allen (Allen Barfoot, president) for giving me a couple of minutes to demonstrate and explain my problem.

First, the demonstration; 'I am the speaker now...' (Turning head sideways, off the not functioning microphone). 

May I introduce myself; I am Mr. Soft spoken from the clear voice audio company and I like to talk about the importance of good communication...

Sorry for the interruption Mr. Speaker, I bet it is very interesting and important what you have to say but I have a problem, I can't hear you...

You see, Mr. Speaker, my ears (I have two of them) are over 70 years old and somewhat worn out; not as sharp anymore and I am convinced that we will have quite a number of that kind of ears in this group.

You also must realize Mr. Speaker that we are a poor club, we simply cannot afford a clip–on microphone e.g. or a better audio system in general.

Therefore Mr. Speaker, for the time being, could you please speak loud and clear into that perforated metal ball in front of you?

That will make these Rotary club meetings for me and a number of other Rotarians, more interesting and much more enjoyable.

Thank you very much Mr. Speaker!
Pieter's ears got damaged during his military service with heavy artillery–an American 155 mm Howitzer.
Pieter served from October 4, 1950 till February 1, 1952.
Due to Pieter being a natural leader he became a corporal, sergeant and unit commander.



No comments:

Post a Comment