Monday, May 12, 1986

Maandagavond 10 uur – Lieve Maaike—Monday evening 10 o'clock – Lieve Maaike

Kom je zo?
Will you come soon?
Tot spoedig ziens etc. Je Pieter
Monday evening 22:00 on May 12, 1986
Dear Maaike,

It's a bit later than I thought it would be, but I still want to tell you a few words, since yesterday. The North & South has ended, quite dramatically; I think it's neatly on the tape so you'll have to check it out in due course. I was up early this morning, woke up a few times but still slept well. How does my girl sleep in Horst (or Melderslo)? You're also missing something. Today I had a long phone conversation with Bob, I offered my condolences for his mother (who was only 67). We couldn't agree on the computers on the various farms; the discussion will continue on Friday, May 23. 
Oh yes, yesterday I asked Jeannette at the tennis lesson if the books had done anything for Jack. She said "well" as if she had had three turns in a row. Jack is already feeling much better apparently. I was home nice and early today and so I was able to paint the garage doors (until just now). I've almost paralyzed myself, never knew that such a piece of a door also has so many sides. I'm proud of it now, I think it's neat. 
As soon as I have a camera going again, I will take a few pictures of it; also for Harry, after all, it is also for a large part his work. Was he happy with the lens, let's just say that he is now equipped better than I am. I hope I get my lens back soon and that it is okay again. The cats (of the neighbors) don't know what to do with the situation yet, they are crying in front of the door. Later, when I was painting, they were almost in my neck. Saartje is still walking around. 
We still don't have any rain although it is a bit threatening and the sky is a bit cloudy. It was a bit less hot today, but the salary still came, so we will manage it for a few more weeks. We live quite cheaply like this, every now and then a can of soup and and I'm neither spending it on dishwashing liquid. 
How was the surprise on Mother's Day, they certainly looked up. Did it work with the phone call (called Mom & Dad from Harry's for a long time and they thought I'd be homesick...). By the way, I'll have to ask Timmermans for a bigger car than the Simca Horizon; I have to pick up 3 + the luggage + me, that seems a bit tight to me. I'll give them a call tomorrow. And have you had a good time the past few days. I hope you enjoyed it, so really a few weeks of time for yourself and a bit of strolling around in Horst and the surrounding area. Jeannette asked if she had to do laundry for me but I told her that the manual was on the machine and that I would be fine. 
When you get this letter, I'm about to arrive there, because we have to go a day earlier. I can leave the suitcases at the airport in Atlanta, that's what I asked. And now it's time to go to bed, I do miss you, the house has become a bit empty without you, but that will soon change. Hello sweetheart, say hello to everyone and a very big hug from me + a firm kiss before going to sleep. Bye my dear Maaike who I love so much, 
Your Pieter 

See you soon etc.

FORUM at Mushroom Conference — Last Surviving Pioneers | my post about Pieter's Open Forum role
Pieter in his Burberry Tuxedo at Spawnmate Banquet

No comments:

Post a Comment